A very Happy Father’s day to you. I wish to share a unique story with you through this blog.
Last week as a Toastmaster, I was given a table topic, “The thing that is more obvious, is generally less understood”. In a short span of 2 minutes, I was supposed to brainstorm and speak about it. The first thing that came to my mind was family and the unspoken or less frequently love for the family! I gathered my thoughts, spoke and fumbled a bit but was able to get across the point that family is precious and that we should be thankful to God for a loving family.
I think my strongest point during my entrepreneurial journey has been my family that has given me freedom to work and bust stress too. Today is Father’s day, so I have to focus my thoughts towards my father who has been a pillar of strength for me. I know you would agree but I have many more instances to state the same. So my father has been with me during almost all phases of life, be it 10th standard examinations in 2001 or during my Civil service preparation- a couple of years back and is still standing strong with me right now as I write this blog (not literally of course).
Not just me and my father, but also the trio of my brother, my dad and I have been a deadly combination of sorts!
So this, father’s day I wish to boast about a gift that my dad gave us (it should have been the other way around, isn’t it?)- The encouragement to author a book, Indian BnBs: An emerging disruptor in the Hospitality sector.
The perfect gift on Father’s day:
The book, ‘Indian BnBs: An emerging disruptor in the Hospitality sector’ is based on the concept and scope of Bed and Breakfast (BnB), an alternate mode of accommodations that has taken the country by storm. The foreword in the book is given by none other than the Hon’ble Tourism Minister of India, Shri KJ Alphons and other eminent personalities in the Tourism and Hospitality sector of India. Though the concept of Bed and Breakfast is highly popular in Australia, USA, Europe etc. we felt that Bed and Breakfast has not been researched and promoted appropriately in India. While a European BnB can offer amazing amenities, but the warmth and hospitality that an Indian family offers is unbeatable! This book contains exhaustive research on Bed and Breakfast scheme and its scope for increasing tourist arrival in India. This book has something for every tourism stakeholder:
- A traveler can get an in-depth review of the Bed and Breakfast rooms and the benefits they offer in all 29 states and 7 Union Territories of India.
- Tourism Boards can learn the nuances of the Bed and Breakfast scheme in order to portray the state’s culture and heritage.
- This book shall answer many questions that Bed and Breakfast owners have in their mind.
- Prospective Bed and Breakfast can read the reviews of existing Bed and Breakfast owners and evaluate whether to convert their homes into a BnB.
- There are a large number of degree and diploma courses in Tourism subject in various universities and institutions. An alternative accommodation and a disruptive BnB concept in Hospitality will be a study topic in academia. So, this book will be widely referred for libraries of such universities and institutions.
The book has managed to create a lot of buzz and has been adopted as a course book in Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management in Jammu University, Jamia Millia Islamia and Ambedkar University. These are 3 prominent universities in India that offer Tourism and Hospitality courses in India.
Just imagine, writing a book and generations of travel and tourism aspirants would gather the pearls of wisdom and who knows, they might even remember my name when they become big shot travel entrepreneurs! Isn’t that a perfect gift that a father can give to his son?
Wishing you a very Happy Father’s day!
PS Those who wish to buy the book my please send their request on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to give you a nice discount!